Friday, December 08, 2006

2 Posts in One Night? Holy SHIT!!!

Can I just say that as a cultural snob, I am tired of PBS Pledge Week! What I don't understand is that during the "regular season" Channel 13 (my local PBS station in NY) shows generally great stuff, but during Pledge Week (fortnight) we are subjected to Johnny Mathis, bad folk music a la A Mighty Wind, and more Victor Borge (who I like but is absent 98% of the year) than I can bear.

The worst part is that no 2 PBS stations coordinate their Pledge Drives, so that you are sort of subjected to a nonstop barrage of lame exhortations to give money for endless "Celtic Woman" reruns.

Pledge Week offers really tired Roy Orbison discs, but what I really want is a Frontline box set. Sorry, call me a snob, but when I think of PBS, I don't think of a 15 year old tape of Roy Orbison's Black & White Night (with both Bruce & Elvis Costello!!) . I want Frontline!!! And Charlie Rose.

No comments: