Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Shins Big Night

Went to see The Shins the other night at The Theatre at Madison Square Garden, which is like the "mini-Garden." They several times said that they were excited to be playing Madison Square Garden. My frind Harry leaned over each time and gently added the term "junior." We had a laugh ove that. But it was clear they were having one of the greatest times of their lives that night, junior or not. I was happy for them.

54 blocks uptown my friend was also having one of the best days of his life, which is ironic as he has an 8 inch incision in his belly and 1 2/3 less internal organs than he had a week prior. But that day, his doctors declared him cancer free. Biopsies of all of his innards turned up nothing and he was celebrating as only a guy recovering from major surgery can: very gingerly.

It was really lovely to see people having such wonderful days for such different reasons. And for me, I enjoyed the Shins show all the more because I too was having one of the best days of my life.

No comments: