Sunday, May 06, 2007

New Name for Our House

Tantrums R Us.

It is amazing what a weekend away at a wedding and a couple of working nights (Thursday & Friday I started at 5PM and worked all night) does to a small child's psyche.

This morning there was a total meltdown, with Grace literally screaming "MOMMY MOMMY I DON'T WANT DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!" as I attempted to merely put on a pair of trousers & a shirt. Being a modern city child, Grace was wailing for her "YOGA PANTS!!!!!!!" whatever they are. The trousers I was attempting certainly looked like the pants Sarah wore to Yoga so I tried in vain to call them YOGA PANTS!!! as I forced them on her legs. Eventually an overexhausted mum strode in from the shower to calm things down.

This is one of those days where I am certain that this blog is perfectly named. While I never feel like a stranger, I do feel a step behind on some days.

No comments: