Monday, May 23, 2005

Grace Update + a smattering of life regrets

We met with the surgeon today. Looks like an operation in late July. We will get the date tomorrow. According to him, Grace (and her crazed, emotionally drained parents) will arrive on a Thursday, and leave on a Sunday, with a week of recovery (Grace will relax, mum & dad will drink heavily. Well, dad will.)

The operation will take about 2 hours and will essentially create a new valve to the bladder. Having dealt with this on a somewhat regular basis for the last 8 months, I am starting to wonder why I didn't go to medical school. I could cram those 8 months of urinary studies into about two weeks, so I figure I could study the whole human body in a few years. OH GOD, WHY DID I BOTHER TO GET A BROADCASTING DEGREE??? Because making mediocre, forgettable television & movies is such a great way to pass the time.

No comments: