Friday, June 03, 2005

What needs to be said

Okay, I'll say it because nobody else will.
Ron Howard is a shitty director.

Want evidence? Okay:
Willow
The Missing
The Grinch
A Beautiful Mind (C'mon you know it's lousy)
Far & Away (extra shitty)
Cinderella Man (I admit I haven't seen it, but there is no way it is a good movie. Russell Crowe as a depression era boxer - it's impossible to be interesting)


He had a mini steak of non sucky movies with Apollo 13 & Ransom, but then went back to full suckiness with EdTV. I do like Splash & Cocoon.

I understand he is a great guy, but don't get me started on The Paper.

CORRECTION: I have decided that the adjective "shitty" is really the wrong word to describe Mr. Howard's work. I would like to substitute it for "boring-ass." I feel that is entirely more accurate.

No comments: