Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Don't yell at me for this one...

It's late and I'm tired and I have not much to say. But I was reading about the Libby trial today (I've kept an eye on it, not exactly devoted - one has to pick and choose their political obsessions).

But it did get me thinking: Is Scooter the highest ranking government official with a silly nickname in our country's history? Granted, Martin Van Buren was called "Old Kinderhook" & Nixon was called "Tricky Dick" but noone referred to them by those names. From what I know, people really call him "Scooter" to his face.

I never judge a person by their name, as 99 times out of a 100 they did not choose that name (except in the case of my dear friend who decided in college he wanted to be called "Animal." So his friends immediately began referring to him as "Kitten.") It's just something I thought about today.

No comments: