Friday, February 02, 2007

Holy Shit - 2 weeks!

I heard from two diffferent people today that they read this tiniest sliver of the internets, so I guess I should keep my pathetic little work ethic going.

I am happy report that Grace was invited to the cockpit of a Jet Blue plane at the end of a recent flight to Florida. It is my unshaking belief that a brief experience like this is more important than watching all the episodes of Scooby Doo (especially the ones wih Scrappy Doo). Got to keep that in mind. Call us TV snobs, but 2 year old kids have no use for the box. Baby Einstein would be better called "Baby Sitter." It's a liberal way to allow yourself to plant your kid infront of a tv. (and I'm a liberal). Of course, Sarah is the one who leads the way. For someone who was unsure of her abilities as a parent, I am in awe of her choices and patience with Grace every single day. So when she says no tv, I am in complete agreement.

In other news, hypocrite dad started a new job (in the TV industry - but hey it's cable where the shows are better) this week and so far so good. The folks here are very family minded and don't look askance when one rushes home to see the children before bedtime. It's a good omen.

Those of you who check in, thank you. I'l try to post more often with better stories and more frequent updates.

3 comments:

shaouy said...

Absolutely, keep the blog posts coming, especially ones about national football championships.

Anonymous said...

What's the new gig, Swarty?

Tim S.

WRM said...

Cute little girl!