Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Did you know there was a debate today?

I admit to being a political junkie. How much? I recently listened to Joe Biden talk for a whole hour on the radio at a forum on health care during a long drive down to the city. I assume that should give you a good mental picture.

Today, while in the city, parked in front of a plumbing office (another boring story about the heating woes of my building), I listened to an engaging debate that was only on NPR with the Democratic candidates. The topics were only 3: Immigration, Iran, & China.

There was no discussion about Obama's kindergarten claim about wanting to be President. It was substantive, informative, and it also showed me that pretty much any one of the Democrats will be a good general election candidate. Hillary did flub her final question about what is the one issue you don't have an answer for as she did her best rope a dope and ran out the clock. The moderator noticed it and gave her another chance to try again after the other candidates actually gave it a shot, and she fumbled again.

Mike Gravel again proved that he is not even the Dem version of Ron Paul, but more like the uncle who drinks too much at family gatherings.


Contrast this debate with the LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD and his press conference today. He actually had the stones to claim that he had not been given the information from the NIE on Iran until LAST WEEK. If that is true, he is the most woefully informed leader in the history of this country. If not, then he is a damn liar. I think it is a combination of both. He is a lying moron.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in the car with Charlotte listening to the debate. I asked her what she thought, and she said she wasn't paying attention. But at dinner, I was telling Beth about it and Charlotte asked me who was that crazy guy (Mike Gravel) who wouldn't shut up.