Sunday, January 20, 2008

Frederick of Hollywood

Just saw a moment or two of Fred Thompson's concession speech.

I'll say this: The main stream press shorthand on Fred was that he was lazy and a
halfhearted campaigner. I thought they tagged him with that awfully early and it
was once again just the press corps themselves being lazy with their stock ideas.
Well, in this case they got it dead right. When I can find his speech on line I will post it.
Bizarre would be an understatement. He really was a lousy candidate. I imagine
he will drop out in the next day or so and throw his support to McCain. That will
finish off Huckabee for good. I see this being a battle between McCain & Romney
now. Bonus: Fred's implosion makes Mary Matalin look even worse.

Full disclosure: I worked with Fred Thompson on several occasions and always found him to be alert and prepared, never lazy.

Here it is in some of its weird glory:

No comments: