Thursday, April 14, 2005

Why I Suck, Part 338

Often I get home from work after Grace has gone to bed. Some, but not all, nights, I poke my head in very quietly to see her sleeping. I have never woken her up... until tonight.

For some reason, she was sleeping especially lightly and she opened her eyes when I popped in the room. Mayhem ensued. We ignored the wails for as long as we could. Then mother , AKA my wife (I'm quite certain quietly seething at me), went in to stop the flood of tears. Helpless onthe other side of the door, I silently promised to never to THAT again - sort of like Chef's mantra in Apocalypse Now - "Never leave the boat."
Did I mention that Sarah was already in bed and was about to turn out the light when I pulled my little stunt?

All told, Grace took about 45 minutes to finally settle down. Never open the door indeed.

No comments: