Monday, July 23, 2007

Am I a freak? Or a snob? Or just a parent?

I have never seen a Die Hard Movie. A Pirates of the Caribbean movie (but I have seriously been on the ride at least 6 times. I love the sing-a-long toward the end) A Batman Movie. An X-Men movie. The only Star Wars Movies I saw in the theater were in 1977 & 1979. I have never seen any of the others. I have never read any Harry Potter books. I saw only snippets of the Spiderman movies on HBO. I did see Shrek 1 on DVD. I also saw all of the Lord of the Rings Movies with a friend but was not moved (generally I don't like fantasy movies). The Matrix: Never seen them. I saw the first Jurassic park but none since then. And most happily, I never saw "Dick Tracy."

That said, I have never seen most of Fassbinder's, Herzog's, Bergaman's, Kurasowa's, Fellini's, or even Powell & Pressburger's movies.

Hopefully country life will allow me to catch up on my culture, pop and otherwise.

No comments: