Thursday, July 19, 2007

Most expensive pee ever (and I didn't even pee)

Most of you have heard the tragicomic news about our flight to Florida for my father's 70th birthday party. For those who haven't...

The plane was initially delayed about 90 minutes, which is the norm these days, especially with Delta. While the plane was taxiing to the runway, Grace decided she needed to use the loo. As we were 20th for takeoff (no lie) Srah dragged her off. After she had been in the loo for about a minute, the pilot came on and said that this was an active taxiway & people had to be in their seats or else the plane could not move. About 20 seconds later, they come barrelling out of the toilet & rush back to their seats, and Grace exclaims in a very loud voice, "But mommy we didn't wash our hands!"

About 2 hours into the flight, she exclaims she needs to pee again & clearly it is my turn to take her. She pees with no difficulty & as I bend over to pull up her trousers, she flushes the loo & my still under warranty 80 Gig I-Pod falls directly out of my shirt pocket and into the swirling blue bowl, headphones trailing. I make a futile attempt to grab it before it disappears to no avail. I shriek some mild obscenity, which puts Grace into a panic and she begins wailing, which is what probably calmed me down so quickly.

On the return flight, after she peed, I picked her up, closed the lid then stood her on it, and was able to pull up her trousers very easily. Hindsight truly is 20-20.

No comments: