Saturday, July 16, 2005

Rocks n stuff

Grace ate her first rock today. It isn't actually fair to call it a rock, or even a stone, but more accurately a small piece of concrete which was in a small space where our non working fireplace is in our bedroom. There is a floor full of wonderful toys but she has to go for the mniscule crack in the corner of the fireplace to be interested in life. Luckily, I was paying a modicum of attention and she didn't swallow it, but boy was she pissed when I dug in her mouth to retrieve it. Much screaming, follwed by mum rushing in to the room to see if everything was ok. I am certain she was thinking "I'd never let her eat a rock." And she'd be right.

A short time later we went to the tot lot at the park and she killed her first centipede by ripping it in half. She made no attempts to eat it.

I am sorry that I ever wanted her to crawl.

No comments: